Monday, March 14, 2011

21 Days

I'm sure you have heard it before. It takes 21 days to create a habit. I will be running, yes running, a 8k in a little over 21 days. I am not a runner and just started training. I realize that this is not the best plan and I should have started training weeks ago. However, it's cold in Chicago. Even though I've seen lots of runners braving the weather all winter, I am not one of them. I figure worst case I end up walking the 8K. I know I can do that.

Training, or should I say starting to train, has inspired me to start doing yoga regularly. Here's my plan for the next 21 days. Every other day run - gradually increasing my distance. On running days I plan on doing light yoga. On non running days a solid yoga practice. Even though I ran today... tomorrow will be Day 1, starting with a yoga practice.

2 comments:

  1. It so nice to see you posting here again. Who knows I might even be inspired to do some yoga again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy! I started doing it for myself. I didn't really think anyone looked at this anymore. However, now you've inspired me to keep going. Watch fore more entries and maybe even some videos :)

    ReplyDelete